Press Releases
679 Bukidnon SPES workers earn even on summer break

 

Malaybalay City, Bukidnon --- The 679 student-beneficiaries of the Special Program for the Employment of Students or SPES under the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) recently received their 40% share as wages of their services rendered during this year’s summer break work. The DOLE-X released PhP 2,273,748.48 representing payment of 40% DOLE share of salaries thru the MLhuillier as the official remittance center of the Department.

 

DOLE-X Buk PFO Chief Raul L. Valmores said the student-beneficiaries were from Malaybalay City, Kadingilan, Damulog, Quezon, Cabanglasan, Lantapan, Manolo Fortich, Kitaotao, Impasug-ong and Valencia City of the province an indication that the DOLE incessantly reach out to poor but deserving students in the far flung municipalities in the region . With the help of Mhuillier, the wages of the students can be timely withdrawn from their nearest remittance center of their area.

 

As a grateful testimony, Jomelina L. Herdelis, beneficiary from Quezon, Bukidnon said that, “During summer vacation, I always apply for SPES or commonly known as summer job. As a college student and wife, I need to provide the financial expenses of my husband and studies. I am very grateful that DOLE and the LGU have implemented this program every year. I was assigned at the Local Civil Registrar and tasked to record birth certificates. The experiences I gained in 20 days can really boost my career in the future. I learned how to handle clients properly too. I am also very grateful to Mayor Gregorio L. Gue through PESO Manager Judith D. Las Piñas, and DOLE for giving me the opportunity to work in the LGU.”

 

Likewise, Malaybalay student-beneficiary John Emmanuel J. Albaracin is an incoming second year student of Bukidnon State University (BukSU). He too said that the wages he earned will be able to fund his school expenses for this school year.

 

Valmores said SPES is one of DOLE’s youth employment bridging to provide short-term employment to poor but deserving students, out-of-school youth (OSY), and dependents of displaced or would-be displaced workers during summer and/or Christmas vacation or any time of the year to augment the family’s income to help the beneficiaries pursue their education. The employer will pay the 60% of the minimum wage and the remaining 40% shall be shouldered by DOLE through a remittance center. Qualified applicants of the program shall render their services for 20 to 78 days depending on the employers’ capacity to pay and their approved budget allocation.

 

End/Jessamie A. Jorquia, LEO III/DOLE-X/Bukidnon Provincial Field Office

 

###

LGU-Lantapan, Bukidnon SPES Beneficiaries are all smiles upon receipt of their MLhuillier claim details for their 40% wage share from DOLE for their 20 days work service at their municipality.(Photo source: DOLE-X/Bukidnon PFO)

 

LGU-Quezon SPES beneficiaries thank PESO Manager Judith D. Las Piñas (sitting right) as they claim their 40% share of their salary. (Photo source: DOLE-X/Bukidnon PFO)

 

LGU-Cabanglasan SPES student-beneficiaries claim their DOLE 40% counterpart as wages for 20 days work service with PESO Manager Jessie Z. Vasallo (sitting, center). (Photo source: DOLE-X/Bukidnon PFO)

 

[Back]
[Print]
2019-07-30
JOFFREY M. SUYAO




Welcome to the official homepage of the Philippine Department
Contact us:
Name

Your Email

Title/Subject

(Maximum characters: 50)
You have characters left.

Your Message

(Maximum characters: 300)
You have characters left.