Press Releases
DOLE-X successively orients 220 Mis. Occ.SPES beneficiaries

 

OROQUIETA CITY, MISAMIS OCCIDENTAL, February 10, 2020--- The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE-X), through its Misamis Occidental Provincial Field Office (Mis. Occ. PFO) conducted an orientation to some Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) beneficiaries of the different schools in the province.

 

DOLE-X Mis. Occ. PFO Chief Leonardo G. Rodrigo said SPES is one of DOLE’s youth employment facilitation programs that range from a minimum of 20 days’ work but not more than 78 days or three months for beneficiaries aging 15 to 30 years old.

 

Mis. Occ. Focal Gerly A. Gogo conducted SPES orientation to the beneficiaries in the National Institute for Technical Excellence, Inc. (NITEX) with 25 beneficiaries and 50 students from Misamis Occidental Technological Institute (MOTI) on 5 February; 60 beneficiaries from Misamis Institute of Technology (MIT) and Our Lady of Triumph (OLT) on 6 February; and on 7 February, 10 beneficiaries were from College of Communication, Information and Technology (CCIT), 25 from Sacred Heart College of Calamba, Inc. and lastly, 50 beneficiaries from Medina Foundation College.

 

The said orientation emphasized the salient features and guidelines of SPES, its quality-certified process flow and payment scheme, and the documentary requirements needed for the application.

 

Under the SPES, employers pay in cash 60% of the salary of student beneficiaries, while the remaining 40% is shouldered by DOLE to be paid also in cash to be used for the students’ tuition fees and other education related expenses including their daily allowance for food and transportation in going to school.

 

Rodrigo said that for the year 2020, the total budget allocation for SPES in the province is PhP 4,212, 870.00 comprising of 24 employers.

 

Further, students who were employed in activities related to their course may earn equivalent academic and practicum or on-the-job training credits.

 

End/Jasmin L. Vicente with additional report from Lorraine M. Roa/DOLE-X Mis. Occ. PFO

###

DOLE-X Mis. Occ. Focal Gerly A. Gogo conducted an orientation to 60 Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) beneficiaries of Our Lady of Triumph, Ozamiz City on the 6th of February 2020 (Photo Source: DOLE-X Mis. Occ. PFO)

DOLE-X Mis. Occ. Gerly A. Gogo conducted an orientation to 50 Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) beneficiaries of Medina Foundation College, Sapang Dalaga on the 7th of February 2020 (Photo Source: DOLE-X Mis. Occ. PFO)

 

 

[Back]
[Print]
2020-02-11
JOFFREY M. SUYAO




Welcome to the official homepage of the Philippine Department
Contact us:
Name

Your Email

Title/Subject

(Maximum characters: 50)
You have characters left.

Your Message

(Maximum characters: 300)
You have characters left.